This is a totally late post for this recipe that I promised forever ago buuuut...get over it. If you ever had KFC's yellow cornbread that they used to make, then you already know that it was moist, dense, and uuhhhmazing, but of course like all good things for some reason they removed it from their menu. Anyways, this here pumpkin cornbread even if you hate pumpkin (what the hell is wrong with you?!!) doesn't have a strong pumpkin taste at all but it is the closest if not better than KFC's cornbread recipe that I have ever made or had. If you try it, let me know how it turns out or if you tweek it in some way, let me know so I could try it to. By the way.......YES! I'm back in the blogging world. Happy New Year! In with the UPGRADE ;)
-3/4 cup sugar
-3 eggs, beaten slightly
-1 1/3 cups buttermilk
-1 cup canned pumpkin puree
-1 1/3 cups cornmeal (white or yellow)
-1 1/3 cups flour
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
-Pinch of nutmeg
-8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
HEAT oven to 350 degrees. Use an all-purpose cooking spray to grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
MIX sugar, eggs, buttermilk and pumpkin puree in a medium bowl until well blended. Set aside.
COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Add the melted butter and stir until thoroughly combined.
SPOON batter into muffin tin, about two-thirds full. Slam muffin tin down on kitchen counter several times to release air bubbles. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning pan 180 degrees after first 10 minutes.. The muffins are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the tops are set.
*You can also just pour the batter in a 13x9 pan and bake for about 20-30 mins. Just keep checking on it. I doubled it for a potluck in the fall and baked it in a 15x10 deep cake pan. It made ALOT for about 20-25 people.
Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen muffins
01
02
03
07
08
11
12


Excuse me while I finish drooling on myself :)
ReplyDeleteYour recipe looks delicious, I have never had KFC cornbread but it looks like they have competition. I would love to try your cornbread do you cater?
I'd cater to you baby :)
Delete