Who doesn't love protein bars right? I mean it's the closest thing to a candy bar or brownie type of sweet affair but healthy-ish. Personally I don't buy protein bars unless their Quest Nutrition bars, only because their brand offers sugar free, gluten free, and are low in carbs. Plus, they taste good and you can do hundreds of things with Quest bars. Other than that I really prefer to make my own because I know what goes in it and tastes way better than your regular protein bar. This is my go to recipe when I prep protein bars for the week. I doubled the recipe this time around. The only thing about this recipe is that they aren't as convenient to take on the go unless you have a freezer at your work. But this is by far one of the best homemade protein bar recipes, so it is worth it. When I take them to work, I put it in the freezer. Don't forget to put your name on your Tupperware or ziplock bag! Because you know what they say..."no name, fair game". Yes, it's happened to me lol.
.jpg)
* 1 mashed banana
* 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
* 2 Tablespoons flax seed, ground
* 2-4 scoops protein powder
* 1/4 cup natural butter (I use PB2 or almond butter)
* 1/4 cup un-sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
* 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips ( I use a 65% dark chocolate)
Mix all ingredients but chocolate together well (mixture will be somewhat sticky). Line an 8×8-inch pan with foil or wax paper. Spray the wax or foil w/a non-stick spray and spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Melt chocolate on the stove or in the microwave. Drizzle or spread over the mixture in the pan.
Place the pan in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Cut into bars and layer between wax paper and store in a ziplock bag or Tupperware. Keep the bars in your freezer and whenever you want to eat one, let it sit out for a few minutes. It will soften quickly, but some people like it a little more on the frozen side.
01
02
03
04

05
06
07
08
11
12
No comments:
Post a Comment