In my previous post I said I that I was going to post a crock pot recipe well I lied, I realized that I forgot to take a picture last time I made it but I will next time I make it and post it. Last night I made this Honey Lemon Chicken. So here it is. I first made this recipe when I was 16 years old and I've made it for my family many times. If you like sweet and tangy this is the recipe for you ;)
- 1/3 C. Honey
- 1/4 C. Lemon juice
- 1 T. Soy sauce
- 3 T. Butter, melted
- Flour
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs or breasts w/OUT skin
First get a baking sheet or 13x9 glass or metal pan, cover it with aluminum foil. Take each chicken piece and dredge in some flour, shaking off the excess and place on pan. When you've done all the chicken pieces and put them on the pan, drizzle the 3 T. melted butter evenly over the chicken pieces. If your oven is ready, put the pan in the oven and bake chicken for 30 minutes. Meanwhile make the sauce w/the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan. Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, and soy sauce till its just heated through for about 1 minute, turn off heat and set aside. After 30 minutes take out the chicken and give the sauce one more stir before pouring it evenly over the chicken pieces. Once your done pouring the sauce on the chicken, put it back in the oven for 25-30 more minutes or until chicken is cooked and a little browned on the top. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes. Mmmh!!
*My Personal tweeks
-You can use any kind of Honey really, but I've found that the best brand of honey to use is Clover Honey, just microwave and stir it about 40 seconds before measuring it out.
- I like to use Bone in chicken thighs and boneless chicken thighs w/out the skin. If you use bone in, cut down your cooking time to 20-25 minutes before and after you put the sauce on as it cooks a bit faster.
- I usually double the sauce because I like extra sauce for the rice or mashed potatoes.01 02 03 07 08 11 12


No comments:
Post a Comment