Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuna Burgers

So this is a brand new recipe for me. I have a friend who is a Pescatarian and I really wanted to make something that she could eat and enjoy. So when I googled "Pescatarian" I got alot of Tuna Burger recipes. I was kind of skeptical at the idea of Tuna being a burger. I'm not a huge tuna lover but I thought..what the heck? Lets give it a try. Hence, I did a food trial. The result: Not Bad. My friend Courtney loved it and surprisingly other people liked it more than I thought they would. I personally don't Love it but to each their own right? The great thing about this recipe is that its SUPER easy, cheap, and pantry accessible. Oh! You could also use canned Salmon as well if you'd like to try that in place of the tuna.
  • 1 7 oz. can of chunk tuna packed in water drained (some liquid ok)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats ground up in a blender or food processor OR bread crumbs
  • About 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper
  • About 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • A large clove of garlic minced
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp celery salt
  • pinch of fresh ground black pepper
  • 1-2 T. Chili Sauce

Place all the ingredients in the bowl and combine with your CLEAN hands. Form the mixture into patties..















Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray or I like to use about 3-4 T. of Olive oil and brown the patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and heated through..

















I served the tuna patties on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomatoes with the option of mayo and tartar sauce. You can alter this recipe to your own liking. I omitted the onions and celery salt and added the chili sauce to this recipe and ate it on toasted multi-grain bread. Enjoy!
01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment